HOW YOU CAN HELP
Make a Donation:
- Legal Defense: Last Real Indian #NoDAPL Aid fundraiser: https://www.generosity.com/fundraising/last-real-indians-nodapl-aid
- Legal Defense for Water Protectors: Through the Lakota People’s Law Project https://secure.everyaction.com/PUTZciBozU-yksXg_duOpQ2
- Ground Legal Support: Support the Sacred Stone Legal Defense Fund via the Freshet Collective which is coordinating on the ground legal support and has bailed over 600 people out of jail: https://fundrazr.com/sacredstone
- Community Organizing: Global Solidarity Campaign.
- Medical: https://medichealercouncil.com/donatenow/
- You can also donate here:
emergencyresponseforthewate rprotectorsatstandingrock- 760285
Come to the Event:
- A percentage of sales from the event will be donated by the Heart and Dagger to fight the Pipeline. Collections will be taken for the Emergency Response Fund.
- There will be a raffle from local supporting businesses, art, and cupcakes.
ABOUT THE EVENT
Where: Heart and Dagger Saloon. A neighborhood dive bar in Oakland, owned by an amazing local couple who also frequently hosts events to support the community. We are grateful and honored that they have opened their space to us!
When: Wednesday February 22nd 6-9pm
What: Volunteer run fundraiser supporting those on the front lines at Standing Rock.
Wednesday February 22nd, the Water Protectors at Standing Rock are being evicted. We don't know what it will look like, but the police have been very clear it is happening. We are having an emergency fundraiser to support whatever needs they have: medical, legal, reconstruction, repair of land and water.
We have been on the ground at Standing Rock only since October, months after this movement was started by a group of First Nations youth. But we have stayed, and worked in support of this important moment in the movement for global health and the soul of our shared nations. Now we have been asked to go to camp, take stands in our own communities, and raise funds for the emergency that is coming. Please join us in celebration of the strength and resilience of our communities.
Regular updates will be posted as things develop at camp.
Indigenous leaders have issued the following appeal: "Join us! We need you now! This is our last stand!": https://tinyurl.com/
Here's other ways you can help:
Call on the Army Corps of Engineers to rescind its easement for DAPL:https://actionnetwork.org/…/
Demand that financial institutions divest from DAPL:http://www.defunddapl.org/
Tell pro-DAPL union officials to end their support:
AFL-CIO: Richard Trumka - 202-637-5000 | email@example.com
Teamsters: Kara Deniz - 202-624-6911 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Building Trades: Tom Owens - 202-756-4623 | email@example.com
LIUNA: Terry O'Sullivan - 202-737-8320 | firstname.lastname@example.org
UA: Mark McManus - 410-269-2000 | http://www.ua.org/contact